Monastery of the Visitation


click on pictures to enlarge

History of St Josephs

St Josephs was originally built, with the Manor house, as the stables, then the Coach House, and then the garages. When the Xaverian Brothers converted the property into a preparatory boy's boarding school in 1936
they made St Josephs the classroom block and called the school
St Edward the Confessor. This name is still on the iron-wrought gates
at the entrance.


    Click here to see slide-show
of old St. Josephs